Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Latest

Well, Julianne is expecting a baby sister or brother in October of this year. Before we had really told anyone she announced to her class that "Mommy has a baby in her tummy, just like me!" Her teachers very privately asked me if it was true, but the word was out - at least at school. When we first saw the baby's heartbeat she started singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" because it looked like a flickering star or candle flame. Every few nights she asks to talk to the baby so I lay down on the floor and she lifts up my shirt and sings/talks to the baby - I have heard words like: God, thankful, tiny, my little ponies, etc. It is so cute. Lastly, I told her that the baby would drink milk from my bobbies some day (we were talking about this because for a few days she thought the baby was growing in my "bobbies") and she yelled, "No! I want to drink milk out of your bottles!" We are about 8 weeks along. I am exhausted and horrified by most smells...the nausea is starting in the evenings. I am still taking progesterone shots at night and I can't begin to explain how painful they have become, but it is worth it - every poke and prod!!! We pray for a healthy pregnancy and that mom can be a good mom during this pregnancy to Julianne!

2 comments:

Mary said...

so excited for y'all - can't wait! :)

Lisa said...

How exciting for you and Justin! Mike and I are so happy for you both! We missed you at Andrew and Vince's baptism but hopefully we'll meet soon again! congrats! Mike and Lisa