Friday, June 12, 2009

Creekside Pool

Well, summer has officially begun and Jules and I hit the pool today for the first time during the week. I just have to take a minute to brag on the newest pool in The Woodlands called Creekside. It is incredible - beach entry for the little ones with splash fountains, a huge giant mushroom in the water for shade, a big watery jungle gym in the middle of the pool with slides that Julianne can go down, a lazy river that flows around the entire place, tons of green space around it with playgrounds...I felt like I was on vacation. The pools and parks around here are simply amazing and I am just really starting to appreciate them as she gets older and we are able to do more and more. I am also grateful we can be outdoors 12 months out of the year - OK, if you are outdoors in June - August, you better be at the pool, but you know what I mean. I am just feeling very blessed today to have spent a wonderful day with Julianne. I am feeling emotional about spending my last few months alone with Jules before the next baby and once baby girl #2 gets to a certain age, this Mommy is going back to work (if this economy ever improves - unemployment is not getting any better) , so our days are numbered so to speak - which makes you appreciate them all the more.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I just found you through Melissa's blog! :) Another blog to stalk! ;0) We were at Creekside today, fun pool...but a bit much for me by myself with three crazy kiddos!!! Glad I found you!