Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Birthday Week and Weekend

I had a great birthday week - Justin and I went to one of our favorite haunts here in The Woodlands on my actual birthday. Some girlfriends took me to lunch and my parents (along with the birthday check from Gamma and Gumps) took me shopping. My clothes had gotten so incredibly dumpy looking it was not even funny, so I am thrilled to have a few new nice clothing items. Thank you Mimi, Papa, Gamma, and Gumps. My Dad made me a fabulous key lime pie from scratch which is my favorite pie in the world. On Saturday night Jenny, Lauren, and Andrew came out and went to dinner with us and then we saw the movie Changeling. A dream night for me, of course.

On Sunday, our neighborhood had a Chili Cook Off and it was a great event. We tasted some of the best Chili we have ever had and Julianne got to jump in a bouncy house, eat cotton candy, and get her face painted. There was a live band and we met some really nice neighbors.

I am really enjoying my time off from work and hope we can make this arrangement work through the next pregnancy and newborn stage (no, I am not pregnant yet). :-) Jules is loving gymnastics, pre-school, play dates, and I am wanting to sign us up for a class called Kinder Music, but we will see.

I will post some more pictures soon. Today I am really tired for some reason - maybe the weather, but I can barely keep my eyes open. Ughhh. Jules is still in her diaper and it is 11 am. I think it is time we hit Chick Fil A and the library or something. Over and Out.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

"I can barely keep my eyes open. Ughhh. . . it is 11 am. I think it is time I hit Chick Fil A and the library. Over and Out"

That is my life in a nut shell.