Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I am not big on details

Anyone who knows me well knows I am not big on details - I don't care about exact dates, timing things to perfection, making lists, etc.....never have been. I am a big picture girl with a focus on people (at least that is what Myers Briggs tells me)...For better or for worse, that is me - take it or leave it, but.....I am counting down the days until the end of this pregnancy - I can't tell you if I am in week 29 or 30, but I can tell you that when I get my due date next Wed at my obgyn appt, I just may add one of those pregnancy ticklers to my blog! If I had to guess, my due date will be somewhere between Sept 29th and Oct 2nd. I have never been more ready for a date to come in my life. I am short of breath, having all kinds of pains in my hips that feels like raw nerve exposure, I am up every 2 hours at night (yes, I will be ready for a newborn as far as no sleep is concerned), I am having contractions from about 5 pm to 10 pm every night, and am unable to do much of anything past about 3 or 4 pm besides hope for the end of the day to come soon. Suffice it to say that I will celebrate never being pregnant again - blame it on my short torso or my zero pain tolerance (again, something you are born with), but pregnancy is horrendous in my opinion. Of course it is worth it in the end though. I just have soooo much admiration for those women of our grandmother's generation who had 5 to 10 kids to help out on the farms - can you imagine??? Well, this will be my one and only whine session, so glad that is out of my system. Oh, and the baby's name is....Jenna Elizabeth Chatigny. We are not big into surprises either - can you tell?

2 comments:

Mary said...

hey, you can come over and have whine sessions with me anytime you want! i feel ya on the hip pain. now i know why pregnant women waddle!!! hopefully we are done sooner than later. does this mean you won't be a surrogate for my #2? :)

Kinsey Pistorius said...

LOVE the name you have picked out. I understand wanting pregnancy to be over - I think it's the only way to make us ready for the newborn and all the changes to come. Good luck with the last 10 weeks or so! :)