Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Advent

I admit that I love everything about Christmas as most of us do. The trees, the lights, the music, the gifts, the cards, etc. I find myself wanting to drag out the month of December for much longer than the 31 days we actually get. As much as I love Christmas, this year I am trying my best NOT to stress about gift buying and card sending and picture taking and decorating, but it is hard. I am trying to remember Christ's birthday and all of the blessings that are in my life because of Him. Lauren shared a site with me that stuck a cord, so check it out if you so desire.

http://adventconspiracy.org

I am trying to explain to Julianne that the reason "Santa" brings gifts is because Jesus wants her and all the other children to have His birthday presents. She looks at me like I am crazy and is like, "Is it MY birthday? Am I Twee?" I guess maybe it will make more sense as she gets older.

No comments: