Saturday, January 3, 2009

Movie Reviews

I am a wanna be movie buff, so here are some reviews for anyone interested:

Seven Pounds: B+...Interesting Story, great acting, keeps you guessing until the VERY end which drove me a bit nuts. A movie about redemption that sort of breaks your heart.

Gran Torino: A- ...Clint Eastwood plays a total hard a$$ who hates everyone and is sort of "dead" among the living. The accolades this movie is receiving in the media caused me to expect more than I got, so lower your expectations and this is worth seeing.

Yes Man: C+...Good rental, funny with a serious message to not let life pass you by by saying NO to everything.

The Tale of Desperaux - Going to see this next week with Jules!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Might I add:

Doubt - B+. Could have been a pretty dull story line, but the acting makes it worth seeing. Meryl Streep at her finest. Was better than we expected

Valkeryie - A-. Didn't QUITE live up to my expectations, mainly because all the actors playing German soldiers had different accents (some American, some British, just a few German), but was still very very good. Defintely worth seeing in the theatre.

Marley and Me - A-. MUCH better than I thought it would be. Just a touch long. Great story for dog lovers.